REVISED: NOVEMBER 15, 2016
Information You Provide To Us
If you choose to create a Retrium account, we may collect Personal Information including, but not limited to, your name and email address. We may also automatically use your email address to find a publicly available profile photo using services like Gravatar. The term Personal Information means information that may be used to readily identify or contact you as an individual person, such as: name, address, email address, or phone number. Personal Information does not include information that has been anonymized such that it does not allow for the ready identification a specific individual.
If you are a user of our paid premium service, we will utilize a third party credit card payment processing company to collect payment information, including your credit card number, billing address and phone number. We will share this payment information with the third party processing company as detailed below in "Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information." We do not store your payment information.
Your use of the Service will involve you uploading or inputting various content into the Service. Such content may include Personal Information or other sensitive information that you choose to include.
We may, from time to time, collect other data that you voluntarily submit to our website through your participation in surveys, contests, promotions, sweepstakes, activities, events, customer support requests, and communications with us through our site or through third party social media.
Retrium may view your Content only as necessary (i) to maintain, provide and improve the Service; (ii) to resolve a support request from you; (iii) if we have a good faith belief, or have received a complaint alleging, that such Content is in violation of our Terms of Service or Subscription Agreement; (iv) as reasonably necessary to allow Retrium to comply with or avoid the violation of applicable law or regulation; or (v) to comply with a valid legal subpoena or request.
Information Collected Via Technology
We automatically collect certain information via technology:
- Log Files. When you use the Service, our servers automatically record certain non-personally-identifying information on server logs, such as your web request, the browser type, language preference, referring site, Internet protocol ("IP") address, exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, mobile carrier, date and time stamp information and other such information. Retrium's purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how Retrium's visitors use its website and to help us improve the Service.
- Location Information. We may collect and process information about the location of the device from which you are accessing the Service. Location data may convey information about how you browse the Service and may be used in conjunction with personally identifiable information. You can disable location based services in settings associated with the Service; however please be aware that some features of the Service may not function properly if location services are turned off.
Statistics and Analytics
We collect analytics information when you use our website to help us improve our product. The analytics information we collect includes elements of content related to the function you are performing. For example, we record information related to the retrospectives you run, including the system-generated identifier of the retrospective and the name of the technique used.
Analytics information also consists of data we collect as a result of running queries against content across our user base for the purposes of generating Anonymous Usage Data. "Anonymous Usage Data" is aggregated data about a group or category of services, features or users that does not contain Personal Information. For example, we may run queries to determine the most common retrospective techniques that users use. We primarily use this Anonymous Usage Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may provide, maintain, protect and enhance our products and services, though we reserve the right to use Anonymous Usage Data for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Usage Data to third parties in our sole discretion.
Though we may happen upon sensitive or Personal Information as we compile Anonymous Usage Data, this is a byproduct of our efforts to understand broader patterns and trends. It is not a concerted effort by us to examine the content of any particular customer or user.
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
Retrium will not rent or sell your Personal Information to anyone. Retrium will not share your Personal Information with third parties without your consent other than:
- Trusted Third Party Service Providers. With trusted third parties who work on our behalf to assist us in delivering, improving, protecting, and promoting our Service, provided such third parties subscribe to the EU Safe Harbor Principles (or successor framework, such as the EU-US Privacy Shield), is subject to the European Union Directive on Data Protection or another adequacy finding, or enter into a written agreement with Retrium requiring that the third party provide at least the same level of privacy protection as is required by the relevant EU Safe Harbor Principles (or successor framework);
- Lawful Requests. To comply with laws or to respond to lawful requests and legal process (provided that Retrium will endeavor to notify you if Retrium has received a lawful request for your information);
- Emergency. In an emergency, including to protect the personal safety of any person; and
- Corporate Restructuring. For the purposes of a business deal (or negotiation of a business deal) involving sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets (business deals may include, for example, any merger, financing, acquisition, divestiture or dissolution transaction or proceeding). In the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, Personal Information may also be transferred as a business asset. If another company acquires our company, business or assets, that company will possess the Personal Information collected by us and will assume the rights and obligations regarding your Personal Information as described in this Policy.
How We Protect Your Information
The security of Your Data and Personal Information is important to us. Retrium takes reasonable steps to help protect your Personal Information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Retrium uses commercially reasonable and industry-standard physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your information. For example, we continuously and regularly back up your data to help prevent data loss and aid in data recovery. We also guard against common web attack vectors, host data in secure SAS 70 audited data centers, and implement firewalls and access restrictions on our servers to secure our network and better protect your information.
If you have any questions about security on our Service, you can view our Security Overview Page.
How We May Contact You
If you provide your email address to us, we may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just to keep you up to date with what's going on with Retrium and our products. You may opt out of receiving these emails by following the instructions in the emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your Retrium account or our ongoing business relationship. We primarily use our website to communicate this type of information, so we expect to keep this type of email to a minimum.
If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. All feedback will be anonymized so that it cannot be associated to the user and Customer.
Links to Other Web Sites
Our Policy Towards Children
Retrium is not intended to be used by individuals under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will take steps to delete such information. If you become aware that a child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact our Support Services.
International Data Transfer